Cathelco, part of the Evac group, is seeking a Control Automation Software Engineer to support the continued growth of our Military and Offshore Projects department.
We are the world’s leading provider of integrated water and waste management systems, as well as corrosion-protection systems, for the marine, offshore, and building industries. Our cutting-edge solutions and services have been helping leading global players in these industries to significantly reduce their environmental footprint for more than 40 years. With offices in 13 countries across four continents and representatives in more than 70 countries, we pride ourselves on being close to our customers wherever in the world they are located.
Purpose of Role
- Generate control and automation software for the Military and Offshore projects, using the following languages and environments (C++,Java, Python, Visual Studio, GTK)
- Maintain the existing codebase and provide bug fixes and rewrites as necessary to already completed code.
- Provide automation support to other departments within the company and group where agreed upon with lead projects and automation engineer.
- Attend qualification testing such as EMC and liaise with the test facility and third parties to provide solutions required to successfully pass testing.
- Implement and manage version control of the Military and Offshore software library through the use of the GIT version control system.
- Provide information as required to the Software QA and Total Concept engineer, who is responsible for the management of software documentation.
- Use a GIT repository system for managing software versions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Objectives and key tasks
- Design and Development of software for the Military and Offshore Products under the leadership of the Lead Projects and Automation Engineer.
- Design and develop software for other Cathelco and group projects.
- Provide support to other projects and products where possible.
- To be able to assist any of the other members of the company and group with support as required to their roles.
Limits of Authority
- Work Projects and their scope to be agreed with Lead Projects and Automation Engineer.
- Purchasing is to be carried out via liaising with the purchasing department and for parts required to be ordered against DEV/Job numbers.
- Work under guidance from the lead projects and automation engineer.
- Provide support and information to other members of the Military and Offshore team to assist with documentation and control system understanding.
- Have a good working relationship with agents and the company’s suppliers.
- Provide Technical Assistance on control and automation solutions to the company as a whole.
- C++ and Java Programing.
- Knowledge of the Modbus RTU and TCP/IP communication protocols.
- Ability to manage own projects and workload.
- Experience using GTK.
- HMI Design Experience.
- PLC Logic development.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering.
- Good knowledge C++ development, however experience is more relevant than education. However qualifications in programming would be beneficial.
What we offer
We offer you an influential position with a global setting. Together with the team around you, you will have the chance to help us achieve our vision of a future with no waste. As a working place Evac fosters an inclusive and safe culture where colleagues know and trust each other.
NOTE: Due to this post potentially requiring access to OFFICIAL SENSITIVE data the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and complete the Baseline Personnel Security Standard clearance and credit check procedures. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.