Cathelco, part of the Evac Group, a world leading marine industry supplier has an exciting opportunity for a Sales Administrator to join the Spares Division. Cathelco has over 60 years’ experience in the manufacturing of equipment for ships and off shore installations, including Marine Growth Prevention Systems and Impressed Current Cathodic Protection Systems. Cathelco has a history of being at the forefront of cutting edge marine technology worldwide.
Purpose of Role
- To work in the very busy Spares Division, joining an existing team where you will be required to answer mainly email-based, enquiries and purchase orders from worldwide customers and agents.
- Have self-confidence to liaise internally with several departments, quoting and order processing, handling internal and external calls, working to weekly and monthly targets, chasing outstanding quotations and having the ability to self-manage an incredibly high workload. Knowledge of the marine industry is not essential as full, on-going training and support will be given, but managing your own work-load and time effectively and productively is crucial.
Role and Responsibilities
Objectives and key tasks
To manage a busy group/individual inbox, submit quotes, process purchase orders, self-manage your own work-load, answer incoming phone calls as and when necessary, liaise with a wide range of different areas of the Operations and Technology Department (eg Engineering, Despatch and Production on a regular basis. Attend Internal Training sessions as and when required.
Working relationships with the Country Managers, Engineering, Despatch and Production Teams are crucial. You will report to the Spares Division Manager and have a positive working relationship with the existing Spares Division Team Members. To be personable, confident and eager to learn and succeed.
Limits of Authority
To work from a group Inbox as well as a personal inbox but self-manage both by constantly communicating with the Team regarding what is being/has been picked up. To check pricing structures with Spares Division Manager and/or Country Managers.
Skills and attributes
1. Good standard of general education (English and Maths at Grade C or above (new grades 4 to 7) would normally be expected) or equivalent level of education.
2. Computer literate (Word, Excel, email required); experience of using SAP would be an advantage, but training will be given
3. Sales experience and experience of the marine industry advantageous but not essential.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills
5. Ability to work as an excellent team player
6. Flexibility and eagerness to learn new skills and to succeed.
7. Ability to manage time and workloads with good focus on priorities