Cathelco, part of the Evac Group, a world leading marine industry supplier has an opportunity for a Qualified Electrical Panel Wiring Technician. Cathelco has over 60 years’ experience in the manufacturing of equipment for ships and off shore installations, including marine growth protection systems and impressed current cathodic protection systems. Cathelco has a history of being at the forefront of cutting edge marine technology worldwide.
The role will assemble and construct electrical panels and PCB’s for AF and ICCP products to Cathelco design and the customer standards and expectations.
Purpose of role
- Assemble and construct Electrical PCB’s for Cathelco products.
- Pick and pack orders for Production batching and sales orders.
- Assemble and construct Electrical control panels and specialized products for Anti Fouling (AF), Impressed Current Cathodic Protection (ICCP), Reverse Osmosis (RO), Ballast Water Treatment (BWT) and Hot water systems (HWS).
- Product base testing and Quality Assurance.
- Produce necessary records and documentation for product based testing.
- Aid assembly and construction for new Electrical / Mechanical projects.
- Help with the company annual stock take.
- Help and support all members of the team.
- To work in line with the business planned requirements directed by the Production Manager and Planner.
- Ensure all operations are carried out in an appropriate, cost-effective and safe manner.
- Take the lead from the Production Manager to improve operational management systems, processes, best practices and continuous improvements.
- Deliver the strategic and operational objectives set out by the Production Manager.
- Inform Planner / Buyer of inventory levels to ensure the correct level of materials are in place to satisfy that customer orders can be delivered on time.
- Ensure the organization’s processes remain legally compliant.
- Record throughput on team board KPI’s
Key Functional Responsibilities and Accountabilities.
- Main tasks are to partake in Production of Electrical-Mechanical products including Electronic (PCBs), Electrical Control units and water maker fluid controls. Cathelco Products include AF, ICCP, RO, BWT and HWS.
- Ensure that all Production / Sales Orders (Job cards) are delivered by the set deadlines.
- Ensure that the day-to-day tasks are carried out in accordance with the workshop policy and procedures, ISO9001 and Cathelco Group company handbook.
- Support construction of specialist parts such as bespoke/prototype RO/HWS builds and military spec AF/ICCP modules/panels.
- Provide support for all of Technical Engineering.
- Help Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities and initiatives within manufacture and production, as well as helping carry out the annual stock take.
- Work with Production leads to ensure the correct level of materials are available when required at all times.
- Ensure each team board is updated daily addressing the departmental KPI’s positively each day.
- Ensure you operate safely and respecting company H&S policies at all times.
- Address departmental daily 5S improvement requirements.
- Ensure that the department is kept clean and tidy and end of shift checks are completed daily.
- When required provide the Sales team with lead-times based on the information provided by them.
- Continually improve the department and ensure any relevant actions are implemented.
- Actively find ways to improve Quality, Cost and Delivery (QCD).
- Provide any relevant information to warehouse / despatch teams.
- Main tasks are to partake in Production of Electrical-Mechanical products including Electronic (PCBs), Electrical Control units and water maker fluid controls. Cathelco Products include AF, ICCP, RO, BWT and HWS
Key Performance Indicators
On Time Delivery
- Work with all other members of the Production and Procurement teams to achieve on time delivery, on cost and on specification targets.
- Reporting to the Production Manager, give daily updates on personal work based progress.
- Also work with the Production Supervisor / Team Leader and Senior Engineer.
- Have a good working relationship with all company employees.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Experience and skills
- Good organisation skills.
- Working within a team. Good team player.
- Experience of soldering PCB’s.
- Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical background.
- Understanding of the business production KPI’s and how to apply them in the workplace; Safety, Quality, Delivery and Performance.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent time management skills.
- Great work ethic.
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Important qualities include integrity, accountability, empathy, humility, resilience, vision, influence and positivity.
- NVQ Level 3 Engineering (Electrical/Mechanical or equivalent) required - HNC would be advantageous
- 18th Edition (desirable)
- GCSEs in Maths, English, Science Grades C or above.
Job specific notes
- This role is not deemed to be a physically demanding role however bending, kneeling and laying on the floor is sometimes required.